Now here's my updated list. In bold black are the new items:
- pat and ride an elephant
- read the Bible cover to cover
- be an MS degree holder- of what and if should be, I'm still deciding. Being a wife, a mother, and a parent made me re-assess my priorities.
- sponsor the education or help educate as many children as possible. possibly more than 25 - i joined KaEskwela with the belief that it's one way of getting around this dream. I'm also thinking of being a volunteer teacher in a school...
- be a UN volunteer - I'm not very keen on this one anymore or doing it by 50, but I'll still leave it here.
be an environmental specialist with expertise on cleaner technology and hazardous waste managementmy perspective of living a sustainable life is still the same. But, I'm thinking of taking a different career path. As to what it is, I still have to figure out. Motherhood is already a career though..
- visit and take pictures of
ALLnotable old and historic churches in the country
- have my own library holding about 500 literary classics and personal favorites
- read each and every book in my library
- explore Philippines and climb
ALLmost of its mountains.
- give my dad a
brand new cefiroa good second-hand pick-up truck give my parents a small rest house somewhere green and quietIt'll really be great gifting my parents with that but I realized they already have two houses which is more than what they can keep up. So I'll change this item to... Help hubby in purchasing our very own home-sweet-home complete with solar panels, a koi pond, an herb garden, a mini farm with fruits and vegetable and "fully-loaded and armed" wood workshop
- go bungee jumping
finish a 5K run- DONE! I did my first 5k with the Aqua Fortis Dragonboat Rowing women's crew back in 2005. With the regular rowing training, it wasn't much of a sweat. That run was followed with more 5Ks and 10Ks with The boyfriend-now hubby. I'm updating this item to: Finish a full 42K marathon in 4 hours.
- walk the whole stretch of EDSA
- join a tri-athlete competition - Maybe one of kids will just do it for me??? but I'm not closing my doors on this one yet.
join a regatta and win- DONE! See the picture of a broadsheet clipping for proof! ;P be able to play a decent tennis game: good serves, proper volleys and nice backhand returns.- nah! I'm done with tennis. I believe running is my game. To this list I'll then add: Make a podium finish in any running category.
- own a business that is income generating for the less privilege
- stroll in Paris with Mr. The One - Hubby - wearing stylish terno and barong
drive an eighteen wheeler trailer- cool. but no, nevermind. I have to drive and brave EDSA instead.
- be an MMDA road sweeper for a day
be a "bus girl" in galleria food court for a day- ah! my working days near Galleria. Not so interesting for me now. Housechores are enough to keep me. I'm replacing this item with: Publish my own (coffeetable) book rappel from an airborne helicopter- I was thinking of accomplishing this by doing the Red Cross Water Safety or the 505 Search and Rescue Training. But no.. I will let go of this rather do: Learn a foreign language. get married before 30- DONE! married at age 27
- have children of my own - baby #1 up and about!
make beso, get an autograph of and a picture with juday- I'm still a Juday fan, but this is too trivial for me now. This item would then be: Be a successful stock broker make beso, chikka and get a picture with kris aquino.- I'm deleting this for the same reason as the previous one. Replacing it with: Successfully homeschool our children during their preschool years.
- SCUBA dive in the Great Barrier Reef - I still have to learn how to swim and/or dive...
- go on a
21 week cruise with Mr. The One - The Hubby - and our little ones
- go sky diving
go BASE jumping- one sky diving is enough. To this list I'll then add: Go to Batanes with the family!
- stay overnight in the world's only 7-star hotel - this will be fine but we'd rather: Visit Mama, Tissa, Mommy and Ethel in their respective US States, and Maan & Marlon in Australia.
- travel around Asia. being at least
12 whole weeks in China and at least 3days in other countries.
- bike all the way to Cabusao to visit Lolo Ago
sleep on the sands of a scenic beach and wake up from a beautiful sunrise- DONE with Hubby!
- see my Dad receive Holy Communion
- hear God call my name again
- kiss the Pope's ring
- get a feel what it's like sleeping on the pavements of Luneta, Quiapo, Roxas Blvd, or in an overpass
- hug Bayo and Jeremee
- be an extra/bit player in a film
- see a giant panda up close
- make my own ice cream
see what's inside Iglesia ni Cristo's sambahan- too trivial. I'm replacing this with: Travel around the Philippines with the family. Visiting the off the beaten tracks every now and then.
- get a great white husky or a very big black neopolitan mastiff for a pet
- watch a number of shows in Broadway
drive the MRT train- kid stuff yet again. Updating this item to: Love, nurture, guide and see our children grow up to be great children of God climb mountains with my nieces and my own kids- kind of redundant with #10.. replacing it then with: Grow and diversify our financial and investment portfolio. And be financially free!
- seat in the courtside while watching Ginebra play in the finals and then get a picture with the whole team